Friday 21 October 2011

Orientation

After a very early morning relative to the past few days, my housemates and I joined the rest of the students for the Stratford Chefs School. We met at Rundles Restaurant and sat, nervous, with our new name tags just beginning to meet each other for the first time. Kimberly Paine, the schools executive director met with us, and introduced us with a few certificates for money off at the local markets and restaurants. We began the day with a video conference call with a blogger, and food writer in Paris over the internet. She is going to be teaching us and giving us advice in a few weeks on our food writing project, so hopefully I can learn a lot, as we have to get at least a 70% average in order to move on to level 2 at the end of the year. The more help, and suggestions we can take, the better we'll learn.  I signed up for a wine tour that will be occurring in November. We that signed up will be touring two wineries in the Niagara region, and then eating at the wineries restaurant. A lot to take in for the day, as we got our schedules for classes, dinner services for which we will be assisting the level 2 students with, wine tour options, and OSAP and EI signups, so now it's time to relax as I unpack the massive amount of manuals I got, as well as my 6 complimentary wine tasting glasses for which I will have to keep polished for our wine tasting course. A lot is still in store for us, so one day at a time for now I will do my best to keep up. Tomorrow is the terroir luncheon at a farm. I must get to my unpacking now or this place will become an unorganized dump in the next day or two, and then I'll have to worry about losing things and keeping my room organized on top of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment