Sunday 23 October 2011

Terroir Luncheon

Another early morning, and then lots of sitting at Rundles restaurant waiting to leave for the farm. The day started off slow, and the group I'm in, (b group) is given the task of unloading all of the picnic tables up the muddy hill into the barn. The hill wasn't too high so it wasn't too bad, and A  group assisted us with the tables.  After all the table settings were perfect, and the decorations placed, we waited, freezing, in the barn just outside of Stratford.  A local beer brewery brought in 2 kegs of beer, and so we began drinking a bit, ok, maybe more than a bit for some of us, but enjoying it as we met our class mates for the first time really. we had sausages and this amazing bread, along with many local organic vegetables that were picked that day by A group. An amazing puff pastry dessert followed, and then we headed back home. Only half of one keg had been drunk by then, so the school gave the rest of it, including the 2nd keg to one of the second years. Needless to say, we all went to his house and enjoyed it for the evening as we talked and met with our classmates. After a long walk back to the Allen Abbey house, (where I'm staying) my housemates and I talked about what we thought of everyone, and how we foresee getting along with everyone. We went through our manual and schedule, and went through the exam processes that we will be going through in 4 weeks, and tried our best to determine what to expect. Now I'm sitting here, typing this up, nervous about tomorrow as our first practical cookery class begins at 8:15 tomorrow morning. A minute late, and the doors will be locked, or so we are all told. I am not going to test this theory, as I would be very frustrated, and it just might ruin the rest of my day if this were to happen. I will post tomorrow evening how everything goes, as long as I have the time, providing I don't have 5 hours of homework after classes are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment